If you would like to know about Primary Sport and how this programme can benefit your community, please email PrimarySport
How PrimarySport started
Manukau is a very young city 26% of its population are under 15 years of age. Many of these young people live in areas classified as socio-economically ‘very deprived’ and attend low decile schools.
Despite this Manukau has always lead the way in bring talented individuals to the worlds spotlight. Sir John Walker, Valerie Vili, Jonah Lomu, Ruben Wiki, Scott Dixon and Barbara Kendallto name just a few have reached the top of their sport and all the while calling Manukau home. These Champions found their field of dreams and we believe Manukau children can find theirs.
PrimarySportwill provide opportunities for Manukau Primary Schools (Yr 5 & Yr 6) to purse positive pathways through Sport and Physical Recreation (initial project of 6 months in Otara and
- Develop a partnership plan with each school involved
- Develop an after school sports / skilled programme
- Assist with inter school competitions
- Develop in school coaching / skills training
- Link with communities through Sport and Physical Recreation
The benefits of PrimarySportwill help
- Develop, Encourage, Link and Acknowledged
Primary aged children in Sport and Physical Recreation. Helping to build future champions within Manukau.