• The Coaches Club programme was developed by Counties Manukau Sport to support, develop and retain more capable coaches providing sport and recreation opportunities.
• Develop coaches that are more competent.
• To establish growth in turning volunteers into a coach.
• To enhance opportunities for coaches to access coaching resources to improve their coaching skills.
• Create a network for coaches to interact with all sporting codes.
• An action plan to retain volunteers as coaches with recognition rewards.
COACHES CLUB ACTION PLAN:
6 x Modules for each region
Franklin – Papakura/Manurewa – Papatoetoe/Otara – Mangere/Otahuhu - Manukau East
BENEFITS OF BEING A COACHES CLUB MEMBER:
Generic coaching programme designed around modern training experiences
Access to key generic coaching resources
Improved coaching techniques
Increased coaching satisfaction
Inter action between coaching personnel
Links developed within sporting codes
Personal and social development
The group dynamics and up to date experience allows for increased coaching knowledge which is beyond the content of any tutor
The Coaches Club sets out the broad generic parameters for COACHES from all sports throughout Counties Manukau region.
The aim of the programme is to familiarise COACHES with modern resources so that they can utilise this in the design and delivery of their personal coaching programmes.